Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Zoho

Zoho is a pleasant surprise, although I still a few questions about some of its functions. Why would someone want to redo their last action? Undo I can understand. What do they mean by "insert layer" and what's a bookmarklet as compared to a bookmark? That said, Zoho seems good enough that I might even give up Microsoft Word for it. I am impressed with Zolo's relative ease-of-use and intuitiveness. It didn't take long to locate and learn the basic functions. It also has a rather attractive interface.
Zoho dis take a little getting use to, being a web based application. When I went to save my document,I was expecting it to ask me which location to save to!
I am not an expert on Microsoft Word, but Zoho appears to have some functions and flexibility that I couldn't find on Word, such as the capability to import more types of documents and websites. I noticed it also has support for a number of languages. Word might to, but I wasn't able to locate it. Word probably has some functions that Zoho doesn't, but I couldn't find any that I'd use.
I wish that we had Zoho when I was in school all the way from grade school through graduate school because it would have made the group projects we had to do easier more convenient and more fun.

No comments: